In the world of unique gadgets, people are attracted to using iPhones more than Android. It is because of the unique features and services of the iPhone. If you are a true user of the iPhone, you should know about its all features. Among such features, enabling auto reply text in iPhone can be a useful feature for a busy iPhone user.
If you are busy enough to take a call, you must want to enable an auto-reply feature on your iPhone. If you are going through a busy schedule or driving a long way, you can not answer every call. At this time, you can enable the automatic text reply feature of your iPhone. After enabling this feature, you are free from taking calls during your busy day. Also, the auto-response text feature of the iPhone helps you to ignore some unwanted calls. You have to simply set a text and the opposite person gets the message.
How to set up Automatic Response Text on your iPhone?
If you are a user of an iPhone, you should know about the auto-reply text of your device. Though there is no in-built automatic reply feature in any iPhone, you can set up the feature in it.
If your iPhone is iOS 15, you can enable such a feature using ‘Focus’. Besides, an older OS user can get this feature by using ‘Do Not Disturb’. You do not have to take the help of any third-party app for this.
How to set up auto reply with Focus option in iOS?
If you are driving and don’t want to lose safety by taking calls, you should set up Driving on Focus on your device. It is the hybrid version of the Do Not Disturb or DND feature. Both the feature is similar but ‘Focus’ covers more flexibility in coverage than DND.
In this feature, you can set up categories for Focus points such as personal, sleep, work etc. You can set categories of your own. Auto reply text on iPhone is only for the Driving category. To set up Driving on Focus on your device you need to follow the following steps-
- Step 1: Turn on your iPhone and go to ‘settings’.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Focus’.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘+’ icon placed in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Set up the Focus category
- Step 5: Select the ‘Driving’ option in it.
After enabling the Driving Focus category in your iPhone, you can proceed to set up the auto-reply text feature.
- Step 1: Turn on your iPhone and open the ‘settings’.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Focus’ and select ‘Driving Focus’. Then you can see more options.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘auto-reply’ option.
- Step 4: Select the persons to whom you want to send auto-reply text. You have to choose among No One, Recent, All Contacts or Favourites.
- Step 5: Built the auto-reply text under the Auto-Reply message box.
Activating Driving Focus on Your iOS Device
After setting up Automatic response text by using Driving Focus on your device, you are now ready to activate it. If you are done with setting up Driving Focus, your device will not receive any calls, alerts, or notifications while driving. You can receive certain calls or notifications if you allow those contacts to send your messages or calls. The contacts listed in the auto-reply text list will receive an auto-text reply when any notification comes from those contacts while driving.
How to reply to a Phone Call using Automatic Response text?
Sometimes, you are not comfortable taking certain calls. The Auto-Reply text feature can release your tension from replying to those phone calls. You don’t have to talk to them and make yourself more uncomfortable. If you are ignoring some phone calls, the auto-reply text feature is the best for this.
When a person is calling you and you don’t want to reply to it, you have to simply set up an automatic text after ignoring the call. To set up such automatic text, you have to follow certain steps on your iOS device.
- Step 1: Open your iPad or iPhone and go to the ‘settings’ of the device.
- Step 2: Tap on the ‘Phone’ option. You can an option named ‘Calls’.
- Step 3: Select ‘Respond with Text’ under ‘Calls’. You can see an option to compose automatic responses to phone calls.
- Step 4: Create an automatic response to Phone Calls.
After enabling the feature, you don’t have to pick up calls at certain times when you are not ready.
How to set up Automatic Response Text in iOS 14?
If you are a user of iOS 14, you should know about its DND feature. DND feature is an automatic response text feature of iOS 14 and its other name is the ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature. In the new versions of the iPhone, you can see the ‘Focus’ feature which is a hybrid version of DND. Like ‘Focus’ in iOS 15, there is the almost same process to set up DND in iOS 14. The following steps are required to enable DND on your device-
- Step 1: Open your iPhone 14. Go to ‘settings’.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Do Not Disturb’ option. After that, you can see options such as Driving, and Connected to Car Bluetooth, Manually, and Automatically.
- Step 3: Select an option from the list.
- Step 4: Select the ‘auto-reply’ option. You can see some options like No One, All Contacts, Recents, Favourites etc.
- Step 5: Choose an option from the list.
- Step 6: Create an auto-reply text in the ‘Compose auto-reply’ option. This auto-reply text is set up in the upcoming phone call.
This, you can set up an automatic response reply text in your iOS 14. You simply have to enable DND and create an auto-reply text. After this, you can ignore certain phone calls.
Drawing the curtain
An iPhone or iPad user too sometimes needs to ignore some phone calls. Besides, you should not take phone calls while you are driving. In these cases, you can easily enable automatic response text on your device. You don’t have to download any third-party application to get this feature. You only have to go through the article and gain knowledge to enable this feature on your device. Hope you are now totally aware of such features of the iPhone and ready to apply them to your device. Let us know any further queries or feedback from your end. Happy Reading!
For more iPhone related queries, check out cult.technology!!