In this detailed guide, we will walk you through a step by step guide to cancel Hulu subscription in different ways. You can even pause Hulu subscription for a few months and activate again.
As we are well into the age of digital media and OTT platforms, most of our sources of entertainment are in the digital space. We, willingly and unwillingly subscribe to numerous OTTs. Moreover, we can not track those subscriptions if auto-renewal is opted for. Under such circumstances, as responsible managers of our finances, we need to channelise our expenses in the right direction.
One such OTT is Hulu which is our topic of discussion today. In this article, we shall demonstrate how to cancel Hulu subscription methodically. There can be different reasons for one to cancel the subscription on Hulu. If you wanted to take some break, Hulu even has an option to pause the subscription for a certain duration.
We will walk you through the step by step process in this guide. However, before proceeding to the topic of discussion, let’s have some words about Hulu.
What is Hulu?
Hulu is a subscription-based streaming service that launched on 29 October 2007. Walt Disney Inc primarily owns it. It provides its services in the United States and Japan.
Hulu offers 3 different subscription plans –
- Hulu basic
- Hulu (No Ads) plan
- Hulu + Live TV plan
Along with these, Hulu gives an option to subscribe to wide variety of add-ons along with the main subscription. A few other silent features of Hulu includes, Multiple profiles and simultaneous streaming, download the content offline and support for most of the smart devices.
How Do I Cancel My Hulu Subscription?
You can cancel Hulu subscription anytime through different methods. Furthermore, you can manage add-ons, toggle to other plans, cancel free trials, etc. We shall elaborate on everything for your convenience.
A. Cancel your Hulu subscription on the Web
This is the easiest and the most conventional way to cancel your Hulu subscription. Here is a step-by-step approach to executing the task.
- First of all, open your browser and head to the website – https://www.hulu.com
- Now, you should log in to your account using your credentials. You can see the login icon at the top right of your screen.
- Thence, click on your Profile name in the top right corner of your screen and click on the ‘Account‘ icon to proceed.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the interface until you come across the ‘Cancel Your Subscription’ option.
- Then, click on cancel and finally, click on continue to complete the process.
However, it is pertinent to note that Hulu, like other streaming services, does not want to let you go. They can elongate the process with some additional offers to lure you. If you are determined to terminate your subscription, you may have to click on ‘Continue to cancel’ thrice and it may take about a quarter of an hour. Just follow the steps to complete it.
B. Cancel your Hulu subscription on iOS
One in every three people uses iOS devices nowadays. Therefore, there must be an answer to the question- How do I cancel Hulu on iOS? well, here is the answer for you.
- Firstly, launch the settings app on your iPhone and select your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Then, tap on the ‘Subscriptions‘ icon and, thereof, select the Hulu subscription.
- Now, choose the ‘cancel your subscription‘ option to march forward.
- Finally, confirm the cancellation process to get it done.
Although you have cancelled your subscription now, you will still be able to access your account until the next due billing period and you can also renew your subscription by the next billing period.
C. How to cancel Hulu Free Trail?
If you are on a free trial, you can cancel the free trial by following some simple steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, execute the first two steps of the cancellation process
- Then, instead of the ‘Cancel your subscription’ option, you will see the ‘cancel free trial icon’.
Now, as you have come to know that the subscription can be undone on iOS and the web, the next obvious question that creeps in- How to cancel Hulu subscription on Android OS. Have patience and do not panic. We are going to discuss this as well for you. So, let’s jump to that part without whiling away any time.
D. How to cancel Hulu subscription on Android?
There is an Android application of Hulu available on the Google Play Store. Here is the link provided for your reference.
Now, as you have installed the application on your device, we are good to go.
- Launch the application in discussion and tap on account at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, log in to your account using the needed credentials.
- You will come across a ‘Cancel your Subscription‘ icon, and next to it, a cancel button. Tap on the button to cancel your Hulu subscription
In our opinion, this process is the shortest. Therefore, if you have an Android device, you can opt for this process. Well, if you are thinking that this is it. There is more to it. There are so many things you can do with your Hulu subscription, e.g., you can opt for third-party billing, pause your plan, manage add-ons, and toggle to other plans that best serve your purposes. Let’s emphasise these aspects one at a time.
How to pause your Hulu subscription for a time being?
Did you know that you can pause your Hulu subscription for up to 12 weeks? So, if you are planning to go on a vacation or will be schedule-packed for some time, you can pause your subscription and resume it on your own time.
- Firstly, visit your account page and head to the subscription interface.
- Now, you will see an option ‘Pause your Subscription‘, click pause next to it.
- Finally, set the duration (you can set it up to 12 weeks) and click on submit. Voila! you are done.
You can come back to this page and re-activate the subscription anytime you want.
Manage your plan and cancel add-ons
You can administer your plan provided you are billed directly by Hulu. Just follow the steps. Important to note, third-party billing also enables you to administer your plan but steps may vary.
- Firstly, log in to your account and head to the ‘your subscription‘ section.
- Then, select manage plans or manage add-ons according to your priorities.
- Here, you can select some premium add-ons or cancel what is not needed.
- Once you set these, select ‘Review Changes‘ to confirm.
How to Cancel Hulu on Roku or third-party billing?
- First, you need to set up your Roku device and create a Hulu account on Roku. Now, if you are already streaming Hulu on your Roku device you can skip this part.
- Now, launch the Hulu app on your Roku device and select your profile at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Thence, go under the account tab and select ‘subscriptions’.
- Finally, here you can see the option ‘Cancel Subscription’. You can also pause your subscription for 12 weeks. Having done so, click on submit or follow the instructions on the screen.
You can manage your Hulu subscription or cancel your Hulu subscription through one of the third parties enlisted below
Moreover, your can cancel your Hulu Subscription on Roku or iTunes. However, the process- How to cancel Hulu Subscription on Roku? may differ from the conventional process. Furthermore, you can cancel your Hulu subscription from your cable operator.
Therefore, you have gone through the article which is, by virtue, the result of our extended research. It would be our privilege if this article serves its purpose. Moreover, we will be highly entertained if you interact with us with further queries or feedback pertaining to the article. We anticipate you have enjoyed the article. Regards from our team and happy reading!