Restarting the iPhone 7 is the basic troubleshooting step we do follow when we encounter any issue with iPhone. This would actually flush the cache and closes all the background running apps and makes the device better performance wise. However, are you still facing issue with the settings or something got corrupted with your iPhone 7? Then you should definitely try out Factory reset iPhone 7.
If you are experiencing problems with your iPhone 7, or you just want to start fresh, you may need to factory reset the device. This can be a daunting task if you have never done it before. That’s why we have created this step-by-step guide on how to factory reset the iPhone 7. We will walk you through every step so that you can restore your phone to its original condition in no time!
What is Factory Reset?
A factory reset, also known as a hard reset, is the process of restoring a device to its original factory settings. This will erase all data on the phone, including photos, music, contacts, and apps. It is important to back up your data before performing a factory reset. If you have changed any settings on iPhone 7 and it’s making the performance slow, one quick solution would be Factory resetting your iPhone 7 to use default settings.
Resetting your iPhone device will erase the following the things and reset to defaults
- Erases all the data and general settings you’ve set on your iPhone 7
- Clears DND settings, iMessages chat data and settings
- Erases saved WiFi passwords and resets the network settings to default
- Delete the Keyboard related settings you have set
- Resets the Home screen layout
- Location and Privacy related settings will be changed to default settings.
What are the Precautions Needs to be Taken Care of Before Factory Reset Your iPhone 7?
Before you factory reset your iPhone, there are a few things you should do to prepare.
- First, make sure that you have backed up all of your data. You can back up your data by syncing with iTunes or iCloud.
- Second, disable “Find My iPhone“. This can be done in the Settings menu.
- Finally, make sure that your device is fully charged or has a charger connected.
All the data stored on your iPhone device will be permanently deleted if you proceed with the hard reset. So backup all the important data to external hard drive or to iCloud. Hard reset iPhone 7 will also deletes all the saved WiFi passwords, network settings and other general settings.
3 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone 7 Mobile:
There are different ways to Factory Reset your iPhone 7. You can even do it from iTunes or iCloud apps remotely. Reset option would be very much useful if you are planning to resell your iPhone to someone else. After resetting, the mobile look and feel will be similar to how we got when we purchase a new iPhone 7.
So without much ado, let’s go ahead and hard reset the iPhone 7.
1. How to Factory Reset iPhone 7 from Mobile?
If you are unable to access the iTunes menu on your computer, you can factory reset your iPhone from mobile. This can be done by following the below steps.
- Go to “Settings” app
- Then choose “General“
- Scroll down to the end to find “Reset” option. Click on it.
- You will find different settings like Reset All Settings, Erase All Settings & Content options along with Reset Network settings, Reset Keyboard, Home screen layout, Location & Privacy settings reset options. Next, select “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- You will then be prompted to enter your passcode. This process may take a few minutes, so be patient.
Once it is done, it’ll restart the device and it all looks like a new iPhone 7. 🙂
2. How to Factory Reset iPhone from iTunes?
If you are able to access the iTunes menu on your computer, you can factory reset your iPhone from iTunes. This can be done by connecting your device to a computer with a USB cable and opening up the iTunes menu on that machine. Open iTunes and select your device. Click on the “Summary” tab, then click on “Restore iPhone.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete this process.
Select this and follow the prompts provided by Apple Incorporated software developers who know how to factory reset iPhones better than anyone else!
3. Factory Reset iPhone 7 From iCloud:
Here are the steps to reset the iPhone from iCloud app.
- Go to “Settings“
- Tap on “iCloud” option
- Then tap Find My iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID and password if prompted, then click Sign In or Continue in the top right corner of the screen.
- This will bring up a list of all devices that are associated with your iCloud account.
- Find the device you want to erase, then click on it. Finally, tap “Erase“. This process may take a few minutes, so be patient.
Factory Reset Protection
If you have enabled Factory Reset Protection (FRP) on your iPhone, you will need to enter your Apple ID and password before you can factory reset the device. This is a security measure that was introduced with iOS 11.
To enable or disable FRP, go to “Settings” > “Touch ID & Passcode.” If you have forgotten your Apple ID or password, you can try to recover them by going to appleid.apple.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: What does a factory reset do to an iPhone 7?
A: A factory reset, also known as a hard reset, erases all information, settings, and data on your iPhone 7 and reinstalls the latest iOS software, returning the device to its original out-of-the-box state.
2. Q: Can I perform a factory reset on my iPhone 7 without using iTunes?
A: Yes, you can perform a factory reset directly from your iPhone 7’s settings if you can access them. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
3. Q: What should I do before factory resetting my iPhone 7?
A: Before a factory reset, it’s recommended to back up any data you wish to keep, such as photos, contacts, and apps. This can be done via iCloud or iTunes. Don’t forget to sign out of your Apple ID to avoid activation issues after the reset.
4. Q: My iPhone 7 is locked, and I forgot the passcode. Can I still do a factory reset?
A: Yes, you can still reset your iPhone 7 by putting it in recovery mode and using iTunes on a computer. This will erase your device and its passcode. However, if you’ve turned on Find My iPhone, you’ll need to enter your Apple ID and password after the reset.
We hope this guide has been helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. And be sure to check out our other posts for more tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your iPhone! For more iPhone tips, follow cult.technology!!