We all know that Google Play is meant for Android devices, not iPhones. But it does not mean you cannot install Google Play on your iPhone. Since it is an official store of Android devices, you need to put some extra time and effort into getting it into your device.
Fortunately, you don’t need to be an expert to do this but a slight knowledge of iOS devices can help you achieve Google Play on iPhone. Read this blog till the end to know the step-by-step process where we have included every essential detail about howto get google play on iphone.
Why do you need Google Play on iPhone?
First thing first, the iPhone or iPad already has an Apple Store to provide you with the required apps and games. Then why does the need to install Google Play Store arise? Apple Store is meant for Apple devices and is inaccessible to other operating systems due to security features.
On the other hand, Google Play Store is an open operating system that can be installed on other devices. However, you cannot take the fullest advantage of your Google Play Store iPhone. Plus, the installation process is also lengthy because you need to jailbreak your device.
Google Play Store iPhone lets you enjoy movies and TV shows. You can also enjoy other content like books, news, and publication subscriptions. Note that not all contents are free so you need to set up your payment method.
How to set up a payment method?
After installing Google Play on iPhone, you should set up your payment method and be ready to pay some bucks to enjoy the contents without any interruption. Here is how you can do it.
- Open your desktop and then the web browser you use.
- Head to the Google Play official site.
- Sign into your Google account using essential details.
- Click on Payment Methods on the left pane of the screen.
- Click on Add A New Payment Method.
- Now enter all the details presented on the screen.
- Follow the steps one by one prompted on the screen.
- You may also need to add your Google account details.
Now you have successfully set up the payment method which you can use to rent or buy different contents.
How to get google play on iPhone?
Follow these steps to get Google Play on your device.
- Go to the App Store on your device.
- Find Google Play and install it.
- Now install Google Play movies and TV, Google Play Music, and Google Play books.
- After successfully installing each of them, run these apps one by one.
- Make sure to add your correct Google account details while opening the apps.
Now you are free to choose content and enjoy them as many times as you want.
Note: You should know that this Google Play app will let you enjoy movies, music and books but you need an Android phone or desktop web browser to buy the items. You can enjoy the items anywhere you want as long as you use the same Google ID.
Read also: How to save GIFs in iPhone?
How to find content?
After you have successfully set up the payment method, you can follow these steps to buy or rent any content.
- Open the browser you use and visit the Google Play site.
- On the top left pane, click the site from where you want content. It can be Movies & TV, books or music.
- Now click on the search icon and look for the content you want to enjoy.
- It will be available on your iPhone in no time.
How to connect a device to Google Play?
As you know Google Play and other Android Apps do not automatically work on Apple devices. After getting Google Play on iPhone through a desktop version and purchasing a subscription, you need to connect your iPhone from Google account.
Here are the steps through which you can link your iPhone to your Google account.
- Go to the Settings by clicking on the light grey gear icon.
- Next, click on Mail. You will find this below iTunes and App Store.
- You can also tap on Contacts to verify your Google account without opening mail.
- Then click on Add Account and choose Google.
- Enter the Google account address you want to use. If you do not have one, create a new one.
- Enter your existing password and click on next. In case you are creating it for the first time, keep an easy-to-remember password.
- Now click on toggle for the data you want. If you want to use only Google Play apps through your Google account, then you can skip this.
Q: Can I use Google on my iPhone?
A: You can use Google on your iPhone without any restriction by using Safari. However, you need to add your credentials to use the Google account. Along with this, you can also use other search engines like Bing or Yahoo.
Q: How can I easily install Google Play Store on iPhone?
A: You can easily find Google Play Store on the app store of your iPhone. Get it from there and sign in to your Google account. Now, you have to install Apps And Games or whichever item you want to enjoy.
Q: What to do if Google Play Store error occurs?
A: Even after trying hard to install google play on the iphone, you’re unable to do so then try restarting your device. Then clear the cache. Check if the storage is available. If the issue still persists, remove and re-add Google Play Store.
This blog explains everything about how to get Google Play Store on iPhone. You can install using any jailbreaking method. For this you can take help from several software. In case you face any issues while using Google Play Store iPhone, reach us out through comments. We will try our best to come up with something better!