Checking iPhone calculator would be one of the useful feature. But does iPhone calculator has such feature? Let’s find out in this article. We have listed down different ways to see calculator history on iPhone.
A calculator has always been a very instrumental tool with important applications in day to day lives of people. Digital versions of the traditional calculators have proven to be very handy in our daily lives. In the modern day digital era, the popularity has shifted from traditional calculators to calculator applications which can be found on our smartphones.
Calculator applications have simplified the use of calculators as one is no longer required to carry bulky calculators with them as calculator applications fit in our compact smartphones. Additionally, digital calculator applications have also eased the hassle of changing batteries every once in a while in traditional calculators. More importantly the modern calculator applications provide calculating services ranging from simple calculations to providing scientific calculation tools all in one place.
Check iPhone Calculator History:
The Apple iPhone comes with a pre-installed calculator application in the operating system of the iPhone, called the iOS. The calculator in the iPhone provides some unique features in terms of gesture controls as well as a scientific calculator in addition to the basic calculating functions.
Checking calculator history in iPhone: Calculation history enables a user to track certain calculations performed with the help of the application. The feature for checking calculation history comes in handy to pinpoint one of the recent calculations made using the application. Although the stock calculator application in the Apple iOS does not provide a detailed history of calculations performed by it, there are certain ways to view calculator history in the iPhone to some extent. The different ways to view calculation history in the Apple iOS are as follows :
Method 1: Last Result Method
The first method to view calculation history in an Apple iPhone allows the user to find out the result of the last calculation performed with the help of the stock calculator application in the Apple iPhone.
The steps to view the result of the last calculation performed via the the calculation application in the Apple iPhone are as follows :
- Identify the calculator application in the application tray of the Apple iPhone.
- Touch and hold the calculator application icon until the option showing “Copy Last Result” shows up.
- Click on “Copy Last Result” to copy the result of the last calculation performed via the iOS calculator application.
The above mentioned method can also be applied to the calculator application icon in the control centre window of the Apple iPhone to view and copy the last result of the calculator application in an iPhone.
Method 2: Calculator Memory Feature
The second method to view calculation history in an Apple iPhone allows the user to save certain numbers whilst the middle of calculations to the memory of the iOS calculator. These numbers can be later retrieved from the calculator application’s memory by the user. This function is also known as the memory feature of the calculator.
Following are the steps to view the calculation history by retrieving the numbiand results saved in the memory of the iOS calculator :
- The first step to using the memory feature of the Apple calculator application is to switch from the normal calculator mode to the scientific calculator mode by putting the iPhone in landscape mode.
- Locate the m+ (memory add) button on the scientific calculator.
- In order to save any number or result on the calculator display to the memory of the calculator press the m+ button.
- In order to retrieve the value saved to the memory of the calculator application, locate the mr (memory recall) button on the calculator.
- After locating the mr (memory recall) button on the calculator, press the mr (memory recall) button to retrieve the value saved to the memory of the calculator application, on the display.
- Additionally the value saved to the calculator application memory can also be cleared or deleted by using the mc (memory clear) button on the calculator.
Method 3: Third party calculator apps
The calculator application on the iOS in the Apple iPhone does not store the calculations made by the user to the memory in order to protect the data privacy of its users. But it is possible to retrieve a detailed history of calculations in iOS.
A number of calculator applications available on the App Store on the iOS provide the feature for retrieving the history of calculations made using them. These calculator applications are third party allocations as they are not created by the manufacturer of the device i e. Apple.
Some of these third party calculator applications which provide calculator history features, and are available on the Apple App Store include The Calculator, Calculator + and Calculator with History etc. Apart from providing the feature to access calculation history, these third party applications may also offer additional features.
The Apple iOS calculator does not record the calculations performed by it to the calculator memory by default, hence it is not possible to retrieve the detailed calculation history of the Apple calculator application.
However a user can still retrieve some calculation history to a certain extent by using the above-mentioned methods and following the given steps. For more such updates, follow cult.technology!!