Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) are very important to remotely access the Windows server. With the latest version of Windows 10, you don’t need to look outside to download the RSAT tools. It is a part of Windows 10 starting from Oct 2018 Windows update. In this guide, we will let you know how to install RSAT for Windows 10 with stepwise points.
If you’re a system administrator, you know how important it is to have the Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) installed on your computer. RSAT allows you to manage Windows servers remotely from your Windows 10 PC. In this guide, we will show you how to install RSAT on Windows 10. We will also show you how to enable RSAT after installation.
What are RSAT Tools and Why do we need it?
Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) is a set of tools that allows system administrators to manage Windows servers remotely from their Windows client computer. RSAT includes the following tools:
- Active Directory Users and Computers,
- Active Directory Domains and Trusts,
- DHCP Manager,
- DNS Manager,
- Group Policy Management,
- IIS Manager,
- Shared Folders, and
- Storage Manager.
With the Windows 10 latest versions, RSAT tools are included in Features on Demand section of Windows 10. You don’t need to download it from the third party sources or microsoft store.
How to Install RSAT on Windows 10?
If you want to install RSAT tools on your Windows client computer, you need to download the RSAT installation files from Microsoft or enable it using PowerShell (Follow this only if you are using Windows 10 older versions)
Install RSAT on Windows 10 Latest Versions:
- Go to Settings in Windows 10
- Choose Manage optional features option
- Click on Add a feature to see the list of available RSAT tools.
- You can choose the specific RSAT tool and click on the install option to Download and Install it to Windows 10.
You can track the progress of the installation in the Manage optional features section. This is the most straight-forward way to installing the RSAT tools on Windows 10 with inbuilt support.
How to Install RSAT Remote Tools Using PowerShell?
Open the PowerShell console as an administrator and run this command: Install-WindowsFeature RSAT
After the command is executed, you can close the PowerShell console and restart your computer. You will now find the RSAT tools in the Programs and Features menu on your Windows client computer.
How to Install RSAT Remote Tools Using Microsoft Download Center?
Open a web browser and go to the Microsoft Download Center website.
In the search box, type rsat.tools and press Enter.
On the RSAT for Windows page, select the language that you want to install RSAT in and click Download.
After the download is complete, run the installer and follow the instructions on your screen.
How to Enable RSAT After Installation?
If you have installed the RSAT tools using PowerShell, you need to enable them in Control Panel. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your computer and go to Apps > Programs and Features.
- On the left pane of the Programs and Features window, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In сheckbox list that opens, find and select the Remote Server Administration Tools checkbox.
- Click OK to enable RSAT tools.
If you have installed the RSAT tools using Microsoft Download Center, you need to enable them in Control Panel. Here’s how:
- Open a web browser and go to the Microsoft Download Center website.
- In the search box, type rsat.tools and press Enter.
- On the RSAT for Windows page, select the language that you want to install RSAT in and click Download.
- After the download is complete, run the installer and follow the instructions on your screen.
RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) allows administrators to manage Windows servers remotely from a client computer. This is a valuable tool for IT professionals who need to manage multiple servers. In order to use RSAT, your computer must be running Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise.
We have mentioned a couple of ways to Install RSAT on your Windows 10 laptop. If you are facing any issues on enabling the RSAT application on Windows 10, do let us know through the comments below. Follow cult.technology for more tech updates.