iPhone is one of the most prevalent gadgets across the globe, it’s more than just a smartphone. Needless to say that it is perceived as a status symbol, kudos to Apple’s marketing team. There are many complications when it comes to iPhone and in this post, we’re going to discuss one of them and which is how to activate the iPhone without sim card
iPhone can be overwhelming if you’re a new user but once you spend some time with it, you can’t resist the fact that it’s one of the best smartphones. iPhone is known for its privacy and it ensures that it leaves no loopholes. Due to it being the best in privacy, it sometimes requires extra effort due to minimal tasks. One of them is to use an iPhone without a sim card.
Despite the extra efforts, it is extremely easy and worth doing, and that’s what makes an iPhone different from its competitors right? We’ve curated the easiest way to use an iPhone without a sim card. So, let’s dive straight into how to activate an iPhone without a sim card.
How to activate an iPhone without a sim card?
There can be several reasons for you to use an iPhone without a sim card. A spare iPhone can be used by your child, just like an iPod. You can use iPhone for various purposes without a sim card, just like you use an iPad.
There are two ways to activate an iPhone without a sim card and we’re going to discuss both ways in this post. One is to simply dismiss the no sim card pop up which you get at the beginning of setting up the iPhone and another one is through iTunes.
However, there’s a catch. In the first procedure, you require iOS 11.4 or later versions. In the earlier versions, you cannot dismiss the sim card required pop-up. But if you’re using iOS 11.3 or the earlier versions of it then you can opt for the second method. So, let’s discuss our first way to use an iPhone without a sim card.
How to activate iPhone without a sim card by dismissing the no sim card pop up
Here are the steps to activate and set up your iPhone without sim card by dismissing the pop-up you’ll get while set up the iPhone.
- Simply dismiss the “no sim card” pop up
- Press the power button and start the iPhone
- Then setup the iPhone manually by selecting the country and language
- Select and connect to a WiFi network
- Select “Continue” to agree on the data privacy and conditions
- Set up the touch id or you can set up it later
- In the apps and data select “set up as new iPhone”
- Enter your apple id and password
- Select “agree” to accept the terms and conditions
- Then tap on “continue” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup
This is an extremely easy way to use an iPhone without a sim card. However, there’s another way too. So, let’s discuss it.
How to unlock an iPhone without a sim card by using iTunes
Before starting the process, ensure that iTunes is installed on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable and launch iTunes
- iTunes will prompt you to download the latest version of IOS as available for your iPhone
- Select the “setup as new” option and click on continue
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process
This is another simple way to use an iPhone without a sim card. But it will require a PC and iTunes installed in it. You can choose any of the two ways to use an iPhone without a sim card.
However, if you have a PC then we would suggest you go with the iTunes process, as it would ensure an error-free process.
iPhone is one of the most prevalent gadgets that offer promising safety and privacy features. However, due to safety reasons, doing minimal tasks on an iPhone might require extra effort.
One of them is to use an iPhone without a sim card. You can use an iPhone without a sim card like an iPod or an iPad. And the process is extremely simple. We have discussed two simple ways to go for it and you can choose any of them at your convenience.