Most of us, who are familiar with working in the digital space, know about Adobe Inc. It is a convenient software company that offers software for students, teachers, office workers, professional photographers, etc. You can use its software after signing up for an Adobe account and subscribing to its various plans for various software. As we need a handsome amount of time to learn to work on Adobe software, we should not waste much time knowing additional things, such as, how to delete Adobe account.
For this, we are here to assist you. In this article, we shall elaborate on how to delete Adobe account in simple steps for busy professionals like you. Firstly, let us discuss Adobe Inc. and its various software in the following segment.
Adobe Inc. is a multinational American software company that was established in 1982. The company was formerly known as Adobe Systems. The SaaS-based company is headquartered in San Jose, California, USA. Now, let us talk about the products and services offered by Adobe Inc. before illustrating how to delete Adobe account in the following section.
Services and Products offered by Adobe Inc.
Adobe is your one-stop solution for creative, marketing, and document management needs. Here is an abridged list containing the products and services offered by Adobe-
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Photoshop Express
- Premier Pro
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Scan
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Express
- Adobe Capture
- Adobe Stock
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Captivate
These are some software that is offered by the company. Adobe makes software for iOS and Android along with Windows OS. So, you have to create an Adobe account and subscribe to their plan to avail of the services.
Why do you need to delete Adobe account?
There are, practically so, numerous reasons to delete Adobe account, for instance, the job is done, and so on. Hence, let’s cite some reasons why you need to delete your Adobe account.
A. The Need is satisfied
This is the most fundamental reason of all. why keep an account when you do not need it anymore? So, you may delete your account when you feel the necessity is over. However, be mature while taking this step.
B. Concerned about data privacy
C. You possess multiple accounts
It may be a criterion. When you have multiple accounts you should delete those you don’t use. Having all your tasks performed in a single account increases the efficiency of your work.
D. You no longer use the email account associated with your Adobe account
You need to maintain the mother email account of your Adobe account. Otherwise, if you forget your ID and password for your Adobe account, or you need to sign in from other devices, you can not retrieve it. Hence, if you don’t use the email account delete the old account after the end of the subscription period and create a new account with your active email address.
What happens when you delete Adobe account?
When you delete your Adobe account you can not access any of the Adobe Applications and services. Moreover, the data stored in the cloud will be omitted. Most importantly, this data loss will be irreversible i.e. you can not retrieve the data once the account is deleted.
However, if you back up all the data before deleting your Adobe account you will not lose any data.
How to delete Adobe account from website?
Here comes the pinnacle of the article i.e. the main objective the article intends to serve. How to delete my Adobe Account? – the question often eats away a handsome amount of time for many professionals or students. Here is how to execute the task-
- Step 1: Firstly, head to your browser and open https://account.adobe.com/privacy and sign in to your account using your credentials.
- Step 2: Under the privacy and personal data tab, scroll down to find ‘delete Adobe account’ and click on it to continue.
- Step 3: If any of your subscription plans are active, then you may be prompted to unsubscribe from the plans first before deleting the account. Therefore, in that case, followed the on-screen instructions to cancel your subscription.
- Step 4: Thence, select the option ‘continue to delete account’ and then continue to proceed.
- Step 5: Now, you have to cite a reason why you want to delete the account. Tick the appropriate box from the list of reasons and continue.
- Step 6: Finally, you have to accept Adobe’s terms and conditions. Accept it and click on continue. Voila! You are done.
However, we suggest, no matter why you are deleting your account, make sure to back up your data, photos, and documents to your device from your Adobe account before proceeding to delete your account.
How to delete Adobe account directly from the app on iOS?
If you use the app on your iPhone or iPad, you can directly delete adobe account of yours.
- First of all, Open the app and tap on your profile icon.
- Secondly, go to account and then to ‘delete your account’.
- Then, cancel the active subscription if any.
- Finally, confirm and your account will be deleted.
How to cancel Adobe Subscription?
If you want to cancel your current plan without deleting your account, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Step 1: First, open the link given- https://account.adobe.com/plans
- Step 2: Sign in to your account using your credentials and head to ‘manage Plan’.
- Step 3: Thence, click on cancel Plan and indicate the reason behind the cancellation.
- Step 4: Finally, click on continue and thence follow the on-screen instructions.
Refunds will be adjudged according to the time of the cancellation. You will get a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of the inception of your plan or within the trial period.
FAQs about cancelling your Adobe account:
1. How much time does it take to delete an Adobe account?
It may take up to 10 working days to delete your Adobe account.
2. Can I delete my Adobe account after the subscription begins?
Yes, you can. However, a fine may be deducted. Firstly you have to cancel the subscription plan then you can delete your account.
Some alternative software to various Adobe applications
In this section, we shall just mention some of the alternative options for various Adobe software. So, go through the segment. You may need this.
- Adobe Premier Pro alternative- DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe Lightroom alternative – Skylum Luminar
- Illustrator Alternative- Affinity Designer, Inkscape
- Adobe Acrobat Reader alternative – PDF- Xchange, PDF Expert
- Adobe Photoshop Alternative- Pixlr, GIMP
Dropping the curtain
Therefore, in this article, we have discussed all you need to know about how to delete Adobe account. We have elaborated on some additional issues regarding the topic. We anticipate that the article has served its actual purpose by addressing all of your queries. Let us know any further queries and feedback from your end. Your response is our inspiration to keep getting better. Happy reading! Follow cult.technology for more updates.