In this modern technological era, WiFi and Broadband connections help us to access the Internet very smoothly. But sometimes, we face slow internet speed. Unknown, the Unwanted access to the WiFi connection is one of the reasons for slow internet speeds. To overcome this type of problem, it is advisable to change the password of your connection regularly.
Airtel (Also known as Bharti Airtel) is an India-based multinational telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi. It provides services in wide geographical regions, countries across the African Nations, and South Asia. Nowadays, Airtel has emerged as one of the leading telecommunications companies. Its products include 2G, 4G LTE mobile services, fixed-line broadband, DTH services, and also voice services.
How to Change or Reset Airtel WiFi Password?
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure of How to Change The Airtel Wifi Password? But before that, we have to understand why we need to do this? See, in this digital world, we are all concerned about our data and our privacy.
If you are using the same password for a long time then you are increasing the risk of someone guessing it. To avoid this thing to happen, you should change your wifi password regularly.
Moreover, we tend to share our vulnerable personal data when we use a private network connection. So, not just your data speed is affected, your web personality can be hacked.
Hence, you should change your Airtel WiFi password at regular intervals. It is quite easy to change the password of Airtel wifi using the Airtel Thanks App or the Web Browser. We will be guiding you through each procedure in the segments following.
How to change Airtel Wifi Password using Airtel Thanks App
As a user of Airtel, if you are facing problems changing your password using Airtel Thanks App, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store and download Airtel Thanks App from there.
- Step 2: Open the Airtel Thanks App on your phone.
- Step 3: Enter your phone number Or your Service ID associated with your Wifi Connection in the login place. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered phone number to be able to get access to the next page.
- Step 4: After this, your account details will be displayed. Then just click on the Wifi and Broadband connection account.
- Step 5: There will be a portion where it will be displayed ‘Manage Services’. You can see an option to change your password.
- Step 6: Tap the above portion, you will be provided with a panel to enter a new password to replace the previous one. But, the previous password will be needed to replace with a new one.
- Step 7: After your request for changing the password is submitted, wait for some minutes to get the system updated with your new password. After that, you may connect your device with the Wifi connection.
Now, you can raise your eye-brow thinking about what should be done if the Airtel Wifi connection is accessed from other devices than Android phones. Here is the answer too.
How to change Airtel Wifi Password using the website
If you want to change the password using the Website, here are the steps to be followed:
- Open the Web browser using your laptop or computer, then just type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then click to log in to your account.
- The GPON Home Gateway page will be displayed on your screen. Enter your username and your current password to view your Network page.
- Click on the network tab that should be placed on the left sidebar and choose the relevant network to your connection i.e. 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- On the Network page, you will notice a WPA Key field, enter a strong password of your choice.
- Wait for some time and then connect your devices with the connection.
Guide to filling up SSID configuration
Working on the website you may confront a page titled SSID configuration. Here is how to fill up that-
- In place of SSID name type the name of the connection e.g. Airtel Xstream.
- Make sure to enable SSID, SSID Broadcast, etc.
- WPA version, encryption mode, port mode is filled automatically.
- WPA key is the password as stated above. Type WPA key and max users accordingly.
How to reset Airtel Wifi Password
In case, you have no access to the login details of the router, then you should reset them by pressing and holding the reset button for 15 seconds.
Airtel Customer Care
If you are struggling to change the password of your connection, you can also contact Airtel Customer Care. There are a lot of ways to connect with customer service. You may just dial 121/111 from your Airtel number. To contact Airtel via email, here is the official email id- [email protected].
General suggestions regarding password
The development of technology is a blessing for us but there is the other side of the coin too. Sometimes, this technological advancement can affect us, especially those who are not that tech-pro. Your network can be hacked if you become careless about passwords and the prime feature of private connection i.e. end-to-end encryption may be at risk. So keep these things in mind.
- Change your password at regular intervals.
- Opt for a strong password with a combination of alphanumeric characters and special symbols.
- Do not save your password on any website. To remember, better write it down on paper i.e. keep analogue notes.
- While sharing the Airtel Wifi with anyone take his/her phone and type it yourself instead of telling him. Also, tap the “do not save” option on their phone.
- Don’t keep your personal information i.e. DOB, name, parents’ name, residing place, etc. as your password as it enhances the probability of getting decoded.
How to check the data balance of Airtel Broadband
Although this is not the scope of the article, still a step-by-step guide is provided
- Open the official Airtel app on Android or iOS.
- Click on the broadband details.
- After opening the page, click on the data balance. The complete details of the data will be shown under data bifurcation.
This is everything on how to change Airtel Wifi Password and how to reset Airtel Wifi Password from our side. Hope the article served its sole purpose of guiding through the processes. The steps are written simply so that anybody can be benefitted from them. Another advantage of switching to Airtel is that you get access to Netflix for 3 months on recharging any plan (terms and conditions must be checked from the official website). Happy reading!