The unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic has changed the approach to our professional life. Work from home has emerged to be a new normal. Under such circumstances, the technology and internet have become an integral part f the coordination between coworkers. One such tool is Gmail.
This is the medium of official and formal conversations in an organisation. In some cases, the need of the hour becomes selecting all emails in a certain inbox and forwarding them to another destination. The method of forwarding the bulk of emails has already been elucidated. Now, we grab the opportunity through this article to put light on how to select all emails in Gmail. But, before everything, let’s talk about Gmail.
Gmail is a Google-based platform where you can send or receive e-mails. Text, graphics, audio, documents, videos, and images can be transmitted through email. Due to some additional unique facilities in Gmail, people are using it widely.
E-mail reminders, virus protection, spam filtering, and less sync time are the attractive extra features of Gmail. POP and IMAP are the main two protocols of Gmail. You can download your important emails due to POP and IMAP is for checking emails from other devices. Also, you can use your single Gmail address in other applications like Google Play, Google Docs, YouTube or any third-party applications.
The best feature is that you can handle the domain from mobile, PC, laptop, etc. Now you can directly access Google meet from the Gmail workspace to have a video conference organized swiftly. The quality of security and privacy in this Google domain is second to none.
Now let’s get back to the agenda of the article – to select all emails in gmail.
How to Select All Emails in Gmail
The method is tricky but easy to be grasped. It varies depending on the platform, OS, and device you are using. We will be guiding you as easily as possible.
How to select all emails on Mac
Here is a step-by-step approach.
- Step 1: Open the mail app on your device to click on the “add account”
- Step 2: You will be given a list of service providers. Choose Google from the list.
- Step 3: Click on “Continue”, and you will be directed to Safari.
- Step 4: Log in to your account and give the needed permissions according to your wish. You will be provided with a Gmail icon on the sidebar of the mail app.
- Step 5: Go to the inbox where you can see all the emails. Now, if you want to select all emails containing a certain label type on the search bar of Gmail.
- Step 6: Once the filtered list is provided you will see a box on the top left corner of the inbox.
- Step 7: Click on the box to select all or you can click on the extension of the box to select only the ” Unread” or “starred” or “read” ones.
How to select all emails in the Gmail app (iPhone)
This process applies to iPhones and iPad. Unfortunately, iPhone does not believe in shortcuts to succeeding. Here is the know-how to select all emails in Gmail app iphone.
- Step 1: Open the mail preceded by downloading it from the AppStore.
- Step 2: Select the definite service domain, in this case, Gmail.
- Step 3: Having been logged in to your account, go to the inbox and look for the “edit” icon that is, generally so, placed in the upper right corner of the screen and click on it.
- Step 4: All the emails will be presented with a circle on the left. Tap the circles to select the emails manually.
As said above there is no shortcut to selecting all emails in Gmail on iPhone.
Select Multiple Emails in Gmail in a Web Browser
People want to use Web Browsers to work with their Gmail accounts sometimes. This is the best process to select emails and complete their required work in a Web Browser. The steps are given below-
- Step1: Log in to your Gmail in a Web Browser by entering the Gmail address and password. You can now see your emails on a page.
- Step2: Click on the box beside the first message in your inbox.
- Step3: Hold on to the shift key on your keyboard.
- Step4: Then, click on the last message. This helps you to select the emails.
- Step5: Lastly, release the shift key. Now, you can get the emails fully selected.
You can also select some specific emails in a Web Browser. There are many ways to do this-
- Step1: At first, log in to your Gmail account in the Browser.
- Step2: Entering the page of emails, hold the Alt key( for PC users) or Comment key( for Mac users).
- Step 3: While holding, click on the box before the email that is required to select.
Thus, you can select a specific email.
- Step1: After logging in to your Gmail account, you have to type the name or email address that is required to select.
- Step 2: Then, decide on the managing portion and manage them.
- Step3: Click on ‘inbox’ and repeat the process.
Select Multiple Emails in Gmail on Windows 10
For selecting emails in Windows 10, users should follow these steps-
- Step1: At first, open the Windows Mail app on your device.
- Step2: Select the ‘add account’ option and select ‘Google’ from the list.
- Step3: Enter your Gmail address to the box and click next.
- Step4: Click ‘Allow’ to get access to your Google account.
- Step5: Write the name that you want to use in your emails.
- Step6: Click the ‘Done’ option.
- Step7: After entering the messages page of your Gmail, you have to hold the ‘Ctrl’ key and click on the messages that you want to select.
Thus, selecting emails for a Window 10 users is easy and you can complete your work rapidly.
How to select all emails in the Gmail app Android
Android users need to select emails for deleting or forwarding them. Steps are given below-
- Step1: At first, download the Gmail app from Play Store.
- Step2: Enter the Gmail in your Android and log in to your Gmail account. You need to give your Gmail password to enter your account.
- Step3: Open the folder of emails that you want to select.
- Step4: Double-tap the emails. Thus, you can select the emails and forward or delete them accordingly.
How to select all unread emails in Gmail
The step is a sub-step. Go through the obvious step discussed above according to your device. Then do as follows –
- Step 1: When you are in the inbox, you will find an extension icon (downward arrow) beside the select all box.
- Step 2: Click on the icon and tick the box containing “unread”. Voila! You are done.
This is everything to assist you from our end. We are honoured to help you with various technological tips and tricks. Keep following us for further references and also let us know if you need any suggestions or instructions on anything. Happy reading! For more updates, follow cult.technology!!